Psycho marrige and family

If today would be 05 December 5, 2009 I would be thinking of completing my education, getting a job, finding a beautiful and caring girl and finally settle down with her. I would spend my day and night for my wife and my children to earn bread for them and to make them happy. In the period around 1950’s, a typical family consisted of a wife and a husband having two or three children. The husband would go for work and earning and wife’s duty was to look after children and their nourishment. These views have completely altered in today’s lifestyle. Today children live with divorced parents. Unwed mothers adopt kids and the concept of parenthood has converted. The concept of nuclear family is to some extent finished. The legalized system of homosexual marriages has changed the old phenomenon of family and marriage. This difference is the result of economic engagement of females in modern era. Laura Levin says that in 1950, only 18% of American wives with children were employed which rose to 54% by 1980. There is a lot of difference in marriages and families of 1950’s and today.

Assessment: My data suggest a strong association of Male with Career and Female with Family compared to Female with Career and Male with Family.

Interpretation: The interpretation shown above is described as an association between Female and Career if you responded faster when Female names and Career words were classified with one key and male names and Family words with the other. It is marked an association between Female and Family if you were faster when the same response was used for Male names with Career words, and Female names with Family words. Depending on the magnitude of your result, your automatic association may be described as slight, moderate, strong, or little to no preference.

    The test was quite different form what I expected. I was expecting some kind of MCQ’s. During the test I felt a bit bored because of repeatedly same questions, but consequently it was also forcing me to stay alert and focused. Because of repetition I even ran into some mistakes and got tensed. The thing which I didn’t like in the test is that they separated family with female on one side and career with male on the other, while today females should be more encouraged towards career along with the priorities she has to fulfill.

0 comments:

Post a Comment