Avoiding Plagiarism in Literature Review.

Literature review is a very important aspect of doing a research.  It is one way of gathering previous facts about the topic that has been selected.  This portion of the research presents the different approaches and theoretical perspectives used in one particular area of interest.  It also shows numerous findings that could help the researcher conduct his own study with validity and reliability. Having this importance, I personally looked for books and journal articles and I even searched on the internet in order to write the literature review of my research about  memory for temporal order. Since the main topic of my research is about the memory for temporal order, I filtered books and refereed journals.  I just used those that really give the core idea of my chosen topic.

At this point, my own research is not yet finished.  I still have to add more facts before I finalize it.  However, I am almost done with its literature review.  I can say that the literature review of my research is well organized.  I gathered previous studies from great researchers and I noticed that they presented different ideas with regard to my chosen topic.  And since I adhere to the ideas imparted by Leedy and Ormond (2005), I began to evaluate, synthesize, and compare and contrast the different theoretical perspectives used in those studies.  I tried to be more critical to be able to produce a more reliable output that could be a great contribution to the existing knowledge.  With all of these, I can say that at this juncture, the literature review of my research is getting even better.

Precautions Regarding Plagiarism.
With regards to the issue of plagiarism, I can confidently say that I am not committing this crime. In fact, I have precautions or reminders regarding plagiarism in order for me to be guided. Those are the following I make sure that in my literature review, I always recognize and give credit to the owner of the ideas that I preferred to include in my writings I do not only copy what other researchers have written, instead, I paraphrase, and still, cite the author  Another thing that I do is locate the proper manual style. The last precaution that I cited is very important according to the Writing Center of University of North Carolina (2007). With all of these, I know that I will not be charged of plagiarism.

0 comments:

Post a Comment