Pursuing my career in psychology is just the first step in my plan.  I would like to have the opportunity to take a bigger role in making the world a better place to live.  My main philosophy in life is to lead by setting an example. I cannot expect others to do what I myself would be willing to do but that does not mean that I cannot hope that others will see the example that I have shown them.  This philosophy is one of the many forces that drive me to pursue my dream of making a career in psychology and of becoming so much more in life.  The chance to help those who are less fortunate in life, the chance to help those in need, the opportunity to be of service to humanity these are the reasons why I have selected this as the profession that I will pursue for, as Eleanor Roosevelt once said, The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams

This is the reason for taking this opportunity to pursue a degree in Psychology.  As a second year student of Social Psychology at the Warsaw School of Social Sciences and Humanities, I have reached a point where I have realized that I need to take further steps to improve myself so that I can fulfill my goals.  Having been interested in the relations between groups of people (especially Cialdinis researches) as well as positive and behavioral psychology, I feel that only through these further studies can I fully develop my potential.

My inclination for this field began at an early age.  In high school, I organized the Prus Expo, where each class was representing one European country and would present what they learned about the country.  This was a key experience for me because it allowed me to see firsthand how each group and country interacted with others.  I also realized how to apply psychology in the many times that I volunteered for Red Cross Charities, colleting funds for disabled children. 

On a personal level, an important experience of mine came when I was in high school because it was here that I had to take care of my ailing aunt.  This was a very difficult time for me.  During this time, I realized the eagerness of learning and growing adaptability of the human condition.  It was through the use of psychology that I was able to get through the emotional and mental pain.  Through this experience, I not only became a stronger individual but also a more focused person.

I feel that the narration of these experiences, academic and personal, serves to demonstrate not only my determination to pursue a career in psychology but also my potential for being successful in this endeavor.  I have also shown that I am able to thrive in a multicultural environment, such as when I joined the Euroscola Programme in Strasbourg where I took a deeper insight into behavior of different cultures. This is also one of the reasons why I would like to study in the UK.

That is why I believe that this course is a crucial step for me.  My success and my accomplishments here will herald the beginning of the fulfillment of my personal and professional goals.  It is said that the one thing that nobody can ever take away from you is your education and that is the one thing that I plan to not only gain for myself but for others as well.  I see this course in psychology as not only a way for me to help others but also as a way to fulfill my full potential.

0 comments:

Post a Comment