ASSOCIATION FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF SOCIAL WORK WITH GROUPS SEQ CHAPTER h r 1NOMINATIONS FORM 2009

The capacity of reaching out and becoming of service to other people remains to be an essential process cultivating transcendence towards change. For my part, ever since I was 19 years old, I have sought to facilitate and provide assistance to different groups and sectors in society. Together with my education at California State University, Long Beach, it provided the necessary benchmark to understand the value of reaching out to the community via social work. Similarly, my immersion with different groups from victims of sexual violence to numerous support groups advocating for issues such as dementia, older adults and risk-youth justified the calling and a renewed vision for service.

Reflecting on my experiences, I have sought to expand my expertise in group dynamics and mentoring. Here, I participated in writing a paper about the topic and greatly infused key principles and ideas related to my chosen field. This along with my immersion as an assistant and volunteer provided the leverage to seek and engage into AASWG to further complement the desire and objective to be of service to other people.

Being with the AASWG truly is a wonderful experience on my part. It allowed my growth both as a student volunteer and a leader. In here, I was able to facilitate related advocacies and participated in the AASWG International Symposium since 2006. Such experiences harnessed abilities to plan, coordinate, and lead the group to achieve its goals and specific endeavors. Seeing this, I am proud to have been chosen and designated into different positions such as Vice Chair of the Long Beach, CA. symposium and AAWSG CA Chapter secretary.

Given all of these, my vision remains rooted in further reaching out to volunteers who can address key challenges happening in society. Opening up AAWSG to diversity creates a wider perspective and in-depth application of relevant issues shaping today. Being an immigrant from Nicaragua, I consider my efforts vital in bringing in new ideas and enhance inter-group dynamics and facilitate inputs essential to harnessing interaction and cooperation. By equally promoting an ethnically diverse environment, it can redefine effective and responsible volunteers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment