Self-Assessment on Emotional Intelligence

Based on the results of answers, people who possess the same level of emotional intelligence just like mine have a barely acceptable ability in dealing with their own emotions and those of others. I agree that there are some problem areas I have to work on with my emotional capabilities in order to have sufficient emotional intelligence and have better relations with people. According to the results, I should start being more confident with my emotions and in building relationships. I also agree that I should stop worrying too much about how I present myself because this hinders my attempts to socially interact and get to know other people more.

This assessment is actually beneficial because I am beginning to see how important high emotional intelligence is in equipping me with the needed tools to build intimate and meaningful relationships with others. The results of the assessment have made me aware that I should be more comfortable in opening up to others and develop a more emphatic nature to be easily understood. By doing this, I may have higher chances of attaining a better working environment and a happier relationship with workmates. Also, I plan to continue being motivated to overcome all the troubles I encounter everyday. This determination and positivism may radiate to my workmates and help us all reach our goals.

Interpersonal Communication is defined as the communication process between two or more people. This form of communication is inescapable and this establishes the relationships we build with the people we meet in our lives. Interpersonal Communication could also be defined as the interaction we have with different people as we impart a personal part of ourselves to them. This self-assessment made me realize that I have been restricting my interpersonal communication skills and should therefore be more willing to relate with others in order to also nourish my ability to deal with the emotions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment