Capstone Project

I have found that I have learned a great deal throughout the process of this capstone project. The main thing that I have learned is that if one narrows ones topic to much because it can make finding resources to support your project difficult at best. I have also developed improved research skills, and have learned to apply literature from many different areas to the topic that I am studying. Each of these has contributed to my personal and professional growth in the sense that I have learned how to draw knowledge from a wide variety of situations and to apply it to whatever I am working on at the moment.

I have also learned that one does not need to play the role of a leader when working to create social change. Often it is the people working at the lower levels that are implementing changes as part of a team rather than the leaders at the top. This has helped me to understand that ones role does not have to be big, because we all contribute to making social changes.

If there is one person that I have considered to be specifically helpful in terms of this project it is my professor for this class. They have been very helpful in terms of offering advice, and giving me tips on how to improve this paper. There are others who have been helpful as well. For instance, I have talked with members of law enforcement and others in the field of psychology, and education that have experience in dealing with juvenile gang members. In terms of how I would thank them, I would simply say thank you for helping me to complete this project however, many have already received my personal thanks. Overall this project has been an amazing journey, and has helped me develop more specific career and personal goals for my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment