Learning Experience

This entire course was a huge learning experience for me. However the three key things that I learnt about human sexuality are as follows

I learnt about different types of Paraphillias. They are pedophilia, exhibitionism and fetishism. I learnt about these disorders in detail and also gained insight about how to treat someone suffering from these.

I learnt about sexual dysfunction. I learnt in detail about the various causes of sexual dysfunction. I gathered detailed knowledge about biological causes of sexual dysfunction like presence of too little or too much gender specific hormones in people, psychological causes like traumatic experiences of  sexual abuse, physical abuse, substance abuse, low self esteem etc.

I also learnt about SAD (sexual aversion disorder) I learnt that some of the causes of SAD are common to the causes of the sexual dysfunction. I learnt how to detect SAD and how it can severely affect a couples conjugal life if it is not properly detected and  or treated.

All the knowledge that I gained through this course would prove to be immensely helpful to me because my future career goal is to help people suffering from various sexual disorders. This course has strengthened my professional identity and has made me more confident of my career goals.

This course has contributed to my overall personal and professional growth. I feel that I would prove to be a successful professional in treating various types of sexual disorders. On a personal level I feel that I would be able to treat people with empathy and they would be able to confide in me completely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment