Wishful Learning

I wish I would have learned more about counseling people who are suffering from bipolar disorders. The reason why I yearn to learn more about this branch of counseling is that I am considering a career related to treatment of bipolar disorders. This is a disorder that attacks mostly children and adolescents. I would love to work with children and adolescents in future and I want to cure them so that they grow up into normal and successful adults.

If this branch of counseling would have been covered in more detail I would have got the desired insight to make my future planning. Until now I have the laymans knowledge of the subject. A little more detailed information would have helped me in understanding myself better. I would have been able to find out whether I can really handle the social responsibility of making our future generations ready for all the trials and tribulations of the life ahead of them.

I have found out that a large percentage of the children and adolescent population is suffering from bipolar diseases. This number is increasing day by day and there is a great demand of counselors in this field. I think no job can give a person inner satisfaction if it is not according to his  her liking.. If one is not interested in his job, he is wasting his own time as well as that of the organization he works for. Thus in order to find more about my interest area and the urge to do something that not only benefits me but the entire society, makes me feel that I wish I could have learned more about people suffering from bipolar disorders.

0 comments:

Post a Comment