Personality

I believe that my parents played a major role in the development of my personality.  They both set a positive example for me and had calm, easy-going personalities.  They took most things in stride.  They always reminded me to relax and stay calm regardless of the situation.  I believe my personality is a combination of both of my parents and a result of their influence in my life.  I behave in a very similar manner as my parents and I share the same viewpoints and feelings as they do about many things. I also believe that the home environment that they provided me with also helped shape my personality.  Environment plays a role in developing personality, (2005).

My parents describe me as being quiet and reserved during childhood easy to get along with and generally happy.  As I transitioned into adolescents, they describe me as having become a little moody, sensitive, and easily upset.  My personality later became calm during late adolescents.  The way that my parents raised me helped me to feel mostly secure as a young person.  I spent a lot of time thinking deeply for someone my age.  I believe I was mature for my age and I credit this part of my personality to my parents.  Childrearing practices do influence personality and help children become self-reliant, independent and responsible (ONeil, 2006).

My recollection of my temperament as a young child was reserved, quiet, and slightly shy.  I was friendly and easy to get along with.  I guess I would describe my personality as happy-go-lucky.  I had few complaints or demands as a child.  Again, I believe this is because of my parents who I felt close to, and my environment.  Relationships formed during early stages of life give rise to an individuals personality development, (Cardillo, 2008).

0 comments:

Post a Comment