Application essay for masters in education psychology

Why do people behave like they do This may appear an easy question to many. The answer to that lies deep within some ones conscious an individual is likely to know the answer as heshe learns and understand more about the essence of life. The discipline of education psychology crops in here. When I first joined college, the discipline of psychology was not in my mind physics formed my area of interest with subjects like biology and chemistry included. In my first year of study, subjects like biology and chemistry proved hard to me. I was faced by serious financial problems which posed a big threat to my future. During this time my dad had gone back to my home country to take care of my ailing grandmother and I being the oldest had to take care of my family as per our tradition. This reduced my concentration in class and as result I decided to take one semester academic leave.

Upon returning back to school, I realized that I was fresh as if I had never attended a biology or chemistry class. That is when I realized that being a physician was not my area of interest after realizing this I consulted the psychology dean regarding the matter. I went ahead and conducted thorough desk research on psychology and human diseases. The outcome was so immense and surprisingly I fell in love with it hence I made a decision to major in it. I knew from the start that I was to pass all my classes and in fact I graduated with a pass in my GPA. This helped me secure a job at the Jamaican hospital  medical center. This exposure made me realize that I was deeply interested in the field of education psychology.

By that time, I was sure that my calling was destined to work in the medical field and that helping others feel better was a thing cultivated in me. There has never been doubt about what I have wanted to do with my life. When I am in a hospital I feel that the working environment is more controlled than any where else. The satisfaction I get when I am dealing with patients is very much fulfilling. I have never felt better like this about myself. Taking care of patients and providing good services to them have become part of my life. Since I joined the medical utility, my financial burden became a thing of the past.

I needed to diversify my understanding of the inclusion psychology in education among special students. I have largely admired the dedication of those in the field of education psychology. I desire is to become a registered education psychologist and establish an institution which will provide quality services to the public as required. I am well conversant with what is required of an education psychologist and I have a clear understanding of the repercussions although to me they are just but an urge to pursue further. I am well prepared to face the circumstances some of them which are non pleasant, but I am confident that the advantages of working as a psychological practitioner will far outweigh the drawbacks. By becoming an integral member of the health care system, I dream of becoming an advocate to the patients

The idea of enrolling for masters in education psychology really enthralls me. After studying human actions that are either consciously or unconsciously done I now intend to study education psychology a branch in that is more rooted in interpretating and defining than with the attainment of actual know how.

I boast of having great communication, listening and interpersonal skills incorporated with the passion which forms the basis of education psychology. With the areas I am not conversant with, I will compensate by learning quickly. I adopt quickly to change and collaborate very well with others towards achieving our goal. I believe by adopting me into your program will be a step further towards promoting my career interests and helping you achieve your interests and objectives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment