Admission to John Jay College of Criminal Justice Graduate School for Forensic Psychology

I was often hooked to the crime-fighting television programs I used to watch when I was a kid. I became fascinated about the nature of crimes especially those with psychological viewpoints, and have since been intrigued by human behavior and how it applies to the criminal justice system. Hence, I decided to pursue a higher education in John Jay College with the intent of becoming a criminal forensic psychologist and ultimately becoming a part of the FBI team in the future. Pursuant to my aspirations, I chose the colleges criminal justice program and decided to major in forensic psychology.

My current undergraduate education endowed me with an extensive knowledge in the fields of criminological theories and the relevant laws that concern the human psyche. I have also engaged myself in various activities that merge the components of human behavior and psychology, through which I have learned things ranging from effective interrogation methods to analyzing criminal minds and intents. Apart from achieving satisfactory results from my coursework, I also received commendable academic accomplishments such as the Billie Kotlowitz Award from the interdisciplinary studies program, a spot in the 2009 deans list credited to my 3.5 GPA, and an acceptance to a 75-hour transfer student peer counseling internship. I also conducted a considerable amount of independent study dealing with conflict resolution and became a member of the colleges gen ed reform committee. These achievements helped lay a strong foundation for me to carry out a higher degree of education in the field of forensic psychology once I finish my degree this coming May.

Considering that I have already experienced the quality education offered by John Jay College, it is perhaps logical that I would also pursue my graduate studies in this institution with the same educational degree in order to continue what I have already started. A higher education in forensic psychology at John Jay College will enable me to further improve the knowledge I have gained from my undergraduate career. Although I may have learned extensively from my undergraduate education, I feel that my experiences and existing knowledge need to be further improved. By doing so,  I would be on the same level as those of domestic and international elites of the forensic psychology field, which would eventually help me in securing a strong application for my future career.

As a student with intensive exposure in the field of forensic psychology, my input to my selected course will be invaluable to the higher education program. My experiences and efforts during my undergraduate education only prove that I am highly capable of handling various responsibilities. I am also quick in adapting to various situations, and I ardently believe that I am a good candidate not only for the program but for the institution as a whole.

0 comments:

Post a Comment